The 2021 Jinan-SMU-ABFER Conference on Urban and Regional Economics will take place on December 15-17, 2021, as a hybrid conference that takes place both virtually and at Jinan University, Guangzhou, China. This year’s conference will be co-organized by the Institute for Economic and Social Research at Jinan University, the School of Economics at SMU and the Asian Bureau of Finance and Economics Research (ABFER). The 2021 Jinan-SMU-ABFER Conference on Urban and Regional Economics aims to gather world-leading academics to share the latest knowledge and research in urban and regional economics.
We now invite submission of high-quality papers in urban and regional economics, including (but is not limited to) the economics of cities, housing, real state, local public good provision, transportation, and the distribution of economic activity in space.
Professor Gabriel Ahlfeldt
• Professor of Urban Economics and Land Development, London School of Economics and Political Sciences. Editor of Regional Science and Urban Economics.
Professor Nathaniel Baum-Snow
• Professor of Economic Analysis and Policy, Rotman School of Management, University of Toronto. Co-editor of the Journal of Urban Economics
Professor Patrick Bayer
• Gilhuly Family Distinguished Professor of Economics, Department of Economics, Duke University. Associate Editor of Econometrica.
Professor Gilles Duranton
• Dean’s Chair in Real Estate Professor, The Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania. Former President of the Urban Economics Association; Co-editor of the Journal of Urban Economics.
Professor Hanming Fang
• Joseph M. Cohen Term Professor of Economics, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania.
Senior Editor, Journal of Risk and Insurance; Former Co-Editors of the Journal of Public Economics, and the International Economic Review.
Professor Stephan Heblich
• Associate Professor and Munk Chair of Economics, Munk School of Global Affairs & Public Policy, University of Toronto.
Master Class Speaker:
Professor Lu Han
• Nathan F. Brand Chair Professor, Wisconsin School of Business, University of Wisconsin-Madison; Premier’s Research Chair in Productivity and Competitiveness, Professor of Economic Analysis and Policy, Rotman School of Management, University of Toronto; Editor of Real Estate Economics.
Submission Deadline August 15, 2021
Notification of Acceptance August 27, 2021
Registration DeadlineDecember 1, 2021
All papers （PDF format）should be submitted to our system:
An extended abstract is acceptable, but priority will be given to submissions of full papers.
Yongheng Deng (University of Wisconsin – Madison, and ABFER), co-chair
Hanming Fang (University of Pennsylvania, and ABFER)
Lu Han (University of Wisconsin – Madison, University of Toronto and ABFER)
Wen-Tai Hsu (Singapore Management University, and ABFER)
Jing Li (Singapore Management University)
Wei Shi (Jinan University)
Sisi Zhang (Jinan University), co-chair
For any academic inquiry, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
For general inquiry, please send an email to email@example.com