Multiple Assistant/Associate/Full Professor in all fields of economics
The Institute for Economic and Social Research (IESR) at Jinan University warmly invites applications for multiple tenure-track positions in all fields of economics, including but not limited to macroeconomics, finance, applied microeconomics, and econometrics. We especially welcome scholars with excellence in research and teaching to apply for senior positions.
Applicants for all ranks are welcome. IESR offers a competitive compensation package commensurate with experience, including competitive salary, research funds, housing allowances, plus standard fringe benefits. The medium of instruction is English. New junior faculty can expect no teaching in their first year. Candidates for the assistant professor should have a Ph.D. in hand or firmly expected by August 2020.
Interviews will be conducted at the ASSA Annual Meeting in San Diego. Please submit the following application materials through the website https://www.aeaweb.org/joe/listing.php?JOE_ID=2019-02_111463616 by December 1, 2019.
1. Cover Letter
3. Job Market Paper
4. Letters of Reference
IESR was founded at Jinan University in December 2015 and operates under the leadership of internationally renowned scholars with Yangtze River Scholar Professor Shuaizhang Feng as the Dean and Professor James Heckman as the Chairman of the Advisory Board. We currently have 42 full-time faculty members in all major fields of economics.
Professor Shuaizhang Feng and Professor James Heckman
IESR is dedicated to the following goals:
• Developing China-based research programs in applied economics and other fields;
• Collecting original survey data related to China’s economic and social development;
• Building a leading Chinese think tank that could inform and influence national policymaking;
• Guiding our students to become future leaders in economic and social research;
• Facilitating academic exchanges between scholars in China and abroad.
2019 China Meeting of the Econometric Society
Thousand-Village Survey in Guangdong
IESR has established the following research centers:
• Research Center for Labor Economics
• Center for Econometrics and Microdata Practice
• Research Center for International Trade and Firms
• Research Center for Real Estate and Regional Economics
• Center for Ecological Civilization and Environmental Economics
Over the next several years, IESR will continue to expand its regular faculty by recruiting new PhDs and senior scholars from overseas, as well as by hosting short-term visits by distinguished professors from world-renowned institutions. For more information, please visit https://iesr.jnu.edu.cn/Home/main.htm or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.